Saturday, December 17, 2005

happy winter solstice!

that's right, no more "happy holidays" for me, if i'm going to object to "merry christmas", i might as well be consistent and not say "happy holidays" either, as "holiday" has its origin in "holy day". though i'm sure i'll slip and you'll catch me saying both at some point - they're just things you say.

what i did today curled up in the fetal position between bouts of diarrhea and unconsciousness: stared at organic chemistry mechanisms on my white board while dreaming of myself traipsing through the brazilian amazon. perhaps that's what prompted my body to try to rid itself of all its innards alternately through my oral cavity and anus (the organic chem, that is. i want to go to brazil. like, a lot.). that's my problem right now- too many people telling me what i could do for winter break - go to brazil, go to london, ny, chicago. presents! if one more person tells me "i got your xmas present today, and it's SO COOL"...i'm going to eat my shorts.

too much anticipating! not enough paying attention to what needs to happen now! must study! MISERY!

4 Comments:

Blogger jen said...

well, shit. shiitake mushrooms with leechees? you're just sentencing yourself to life on the porcelain bus. by the way, i ain't buying you no xmas present. 'though i might buy you a drink if we end up going to canada. just cuz i'll be able to. and so will you. i heart canada.

2:49 PM  
Blogger wynee said...

nah, shiitake mushrooms are edible with everything. and i only wish i had leechees.
good, cuz i don't got no xmas present for you either. my theory on xmas presents: unless i see something i just HAVE to get you, you most likely won't get anything. unless, of course, you get me something and then i'll feel obligated to get you one. quid pro quo. or something.

must add canada to the "to do" list of things for winter break. fuck. MAKE FINALS END

3:37 PM  
Blogger shirlee said...

that is SO gross.

btw. i got your christmas present yesterday and it is SO COOL. seriously. the coolest ever. i'm staring at it right now. :D

10:37 PM  
Blogger wynee said...

YUMMY. so good. they're tangy, they don't even taste like shiitakes!

that's ok. your xmas present is cooler.

1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home