Monday, November 14, 2005

People That Give Me The Warm Fuzzies
by moi

You know that spic in the back of McDonald's - the short, overweight one with the receding hairline and mustache?

He's got a daughter back in Mexico studying to be an opthamologist. He and his wife are saving up to buy a house and start a business. In his free time he likes to draw, take walks and learn English with his wife. His wife loves jazz and books.

I love them (as well as the rest of my tutees) because they truly want to learn and to improve their situation. They add another dimension to the nameless amigo in the kitchen; they're people beyond their sterotype.

The Whistler!This guy rocks my socks. I think because it's rare to see somebody doing something they love simply because they enjoy it; offering no apologies, excuses or explanations. The other day I overheard somebody saying that she was embarrassed for him. Don't bother, honey, that's his job, and he obviously feels no compunction for what he's doing. And why should he? so what if it's rather unpolished and uncool? it's expression; something there's not enough of in this world. Mad props to him, and may his detractors suffer from the plague.

Who else warms the cockles of my heart? ah, yes. people that cook for me. this one needs no explanation.

eeeegh. so much emoting in this entry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home