Friday, November 18, 2005

i won't grow up,
i don't wanna go to school
just to learn to be a parrot

and recite a silly rule.

if growing up means
it would be beneath my dignity to climb a tree,
i'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up
not me!

I won't grow up,

I don't want to wear a tie.
And a serious expression
In the middle of July.
And if it means I must prepare
To shoulder burdens with a worried air,

I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up
Not me!
So there!

I won't grow up.
Not a penny will I pinch.
I will never grow a mustache,
Or a fraction of an inch.
'Cause growing up is awfuller
Than all the awful things that ever were.
I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up,
Not me,
So there!


Hooray for Peter Pan lyrics :) i couldn't have said it better. i've had enough of this grown-up business. sometimes i wonder if i'm really not a child stuck in an adult's body. paying rent? classes? work? what is all this? who am i? i need to be climbing trees and catching frogs and riding my bike!

shirking my adultish responsibilities, as usual.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home