Thursday, August 04, 2005

it's probably a very good thing that i was born in this century and not, oh, say two thousand years ago. considering i'd probably be born into a hunter-gatherer society, i'd be fucked. i can't see two feet in front of me without my glasses/contacts, which means i can't hunt. i can't even fuckin gather! unless somebody took pity on me, i'd starve to death before puberty. or they'd use me as a human shield/decoy for hunting. either way, i'd be fucked. see? technology can be a good thing.*

though i've got to wonder if technology/lifestyle didn't make me blind. nearsightedness does not run in my family; my brother and i are the only two blind mice in the lou household.


*statement made under the assumption that my existence on this planet is something positive**.
**assuming any one person's existence can be qualitatively labeled "positive" or "negative". it's all relative, no?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home