Sunday, April 06, 2003

wrote this when i went jogging last night, took a little detour and sat by the lake for a while...

Years ago, the sheer number of stars combined with the mere act of raising my face to that great abyss above would fill me with a sense of childish solemnity. Right now, though, it seems as if there aren’t as many stars as there used to be. has light pollution increased so much that I don’t see as many stars? Or is it me that has changed?

feels like i could be the only living thing in the world right now, with only the trees and stars as company. Even the lake, whose tormented waves I could always count on, is eerily still. The only other sign of life in the world is a wolf baying, sending long, haunted notes into the still night. Another wolf returns its call.

if I call out, will I receive an answer?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home