Wednesday, April 02, 2003

funny, i've been painting/drawing for so long, but i just realized today that my entire approach to realism was off. all this time, i had been trying to be faithful to what i saw in front of me. however, the harder i tried to draw what i saw, the further my drawing deviated from reality. i finally realized that i only had to draw what i felt reality was. for a picture to make the most sense, or apper the most "real" to a viewer, the lines i put down on paper must only contribute to the idea of the object, and not an exact replica of the object. somehow, the lines and curves that i interpreted as reality also give the viewer a sense of the same reality. which makes me wonder - am i recording my interpretation of reality, or is this really reality?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home