Friday, June 10, 2005

one of my favorite things ever is going from working in the ER to the restaraunt. the change in demographics is so amazing i always feel a little disoriented. i go from one environment with people of "various ethnic backgrounds" (good grief, i hate that phrase, esp when it comes out pretentiously from stuffy white people's asses) to a relatively homogeneous one. both groups are equally interesting, though i must say the interactions i have with the people at the hospital are more exciting and probably more fulfilling.
i'm really tired of seeing stereotypes perpetuated. if i see one more "young african american male w/gun shot wound" or "native american, intoxicated", i will...uh, not sure what i'll do, but i'll be annoyed.
i wanna go skydiving. i work with this girl that does it frequently and it sounds like it's something i need to be doing.
oh good god. AHHHH! i'm about to drop $800 on a camera. aldkfjelwkmova.mfeps.

CRIMINY! i have three weeks left to be a teenager! must go do something stupid now.


favorite ER quotes thus far:

"Ma'am! Sir! Ma'am...or sir. Ok, fine, just walk away."

"Why are there barcodes on my feet?"

"Could you at least give me some dignity please? I'm laying here in my underwear!"

"Doctor! Something's wrong with my thumb! The veins are going the wrong way!! Can you fix it?" Doctor: "Patient thumb examined. Thumb normal."

Nurse: "Are you currently on any medications?"
Patient:"No, and I'll only take meds if you crush them up and I can snort them."

me: "sir, would you rate your pain for me? on a scale of 1-10"
man: "...2. but if i was sober, i'd say 12. also if i was sober, i'd be making a better attempt to hit on you".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home