Friday, May 20, 2005

steel strings and a rhythm that won't leave my body.
and my body vibrates as if it were a steel string only it doesn't make noise, no wooden box to resonate and it's not as taut. if i were a guitar, i'd be an acoustic i like to feel the resonating in my body, sure electric's got more bells and whistles, but you can't feel the resonance!

never realized that jazz is actually quite difficult on the piano. it looks so simple on the sheet, but it only sounds right when played fast.
fingers are raw from the steel strings of my $10 acoustic guitar.
but i feel good. it's been music all day, just me the piano and guitar.
i could get used to this life.
or not. at some point i'd get tired of it and it'd be done done and on to the the next one; a characteristic of mine of which i'm none too proud. there's just too much in this world, too many people, places, sonatas, paintings, arpeggios, dances, birds, photographs, books all calling my name!
how could anybody ever be bored in such a world? that's what i don't get about people. they sit around and are bored. c'mon now, folks.

time to stop being so jaded.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home