Wednesday, April 27, 2005

no, my lies weren't worth telling
but the truth ain't worth chasing


"can i see your ovaries? mine are too convoluted"
-me in lab during a fetal pig dissection

sitting on a bus can be quite conducive to meditation. some people would just call it "spacing out", but i'd like to think that the bouncing, the vibrating would lead one to some sort of meditative state in which the oscillations of one's atoms would resonate harmoniously with those of the universe. or something. :) (yeah, i know i've got to stop the "or something"s, but it's still funny to me (:)
anyway, after i was jostled out of pseudo-meditation on the bus today, i noticed this sign:
Warning From the Attorney General:
Crossing the street illegally may be hazardous to your health.

crikey.who writes this shit? not the attorney general, i hope. smoking may be hazardous to my health, as well as consuming alcohol, exposing myself to trichloroethylene, or jumping off a bridge. but crossing the street illegally?

"New York City police officials said today that an increase in subway crime this year is driven almost entirely by a dramatic rise in robberies and thefts of cell phones and iPods, two totems of modern urban life." Note to iPod Riders: Watch out for those iPods
oh no. i totally tote two totems of modern urban life. anybody want to buy an iPod off me? i think i'll hang on to the cell a little bit longer... :)

oooh his bike's got some nice suspension
an' oi loikes me some noice suspension, mmm hmmmm.
esp after today's bike ride, and more Epic Bike Rides to come. oi.
sore, but it's a good sore. it's an I've Accomplished Something sore.
i love when the weather can't make up it's mind. it's snowing on this block. a block over, it's all sun and blue skies. i love it. :)

i must stop this "jack of all trades, master of none" business, it's getting me nowhere. i will master something one of these days!

oh yeah, jen - weekly fast food hopping is a must! that is, until either my stomach becomes an impediment to the walking involved, or my wallet (or lack thereof) ceases to cooperate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home