Thursday, April 06, 2006

good grief. the new compact cameras from Nikon offer 8.1 megapixels, VR, and Wi-Fi connectivity. damn. that's more features than my digital SLR.
but still cheaper.

i'm going to start a group. i think i'll name it People For the Correct Usage of Adverbs (PCUA). we could make it catchy and call it Advocates of Adverbs, but i think the former is more assertive.

don't get me wrong, i'm nowhere near a grammar freak. my grammar can be pretty atrocious, but i'm always on top of my adverbs. i can handle dangling modifiers, subject-verb disagreements, and double negatives, but for some reason the lack of adverbs just grates my ears like nothing else.
today's most flagrant offenses:

"i'm going to hug you tight."
"she did it so quick!"
and the worst adverb-offense by far:

"i just hate it so bad!!!"

eeesh. *shivering*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home